Flood Incident Management – A FRAMEwork for improvement
FIM FRAME is a 24 month research project funded under the second ERA-Net CRUE funding initiative. The project is funded by
- the joint Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)/Environment Agency Flood And Coastal Erosion Risk Management (FCERM) Research and Development Programme and
- the Ministère de l'Ecologie, de l'Energie, du Développement durable et de la Mer, en charge des Technologies vertes et des Négociations sur le climat (MEEDDM).
The research is being undertaken in the UK, France and the Netherlands.
The project partners are:
Work Package leaders:
- Deltares, The Netherlands
- Gestion des Sociétés, des Territoires et des Risques (GESTER), University of Montpellier, France
- Laboratoire Central des Ponts et Chaussées (LCPC), Nantes, France.
FIM FRAME objectives
The objectives of the FIM FRAME project are:
- to assess the effectiveness and robustness of current flood event management plans in the UK, The Netherlands and France and to assess methods by which the plans can be improved
- to evaluate the current tools that are used for flood event management planning and the ability of these tools to support the management of future flood emergencies
- to establish how currently available tools can be used to improve emergency management plans for floods and whether there are any gaps in the available tools
- to provide a framework by which flood incident management can be improved that will be tested in a case studies in France, The Netherlands and the UK.
Darren Lumbroso at HR Wallingford Ltd.
Tel:+44 (0) 1491 835 381
Fax: +44 (0) 1491 825 916.